Driven by compassion and mercy, social workers specialize in confronting oppression and inequality. Students in the Bachelor of Social Work program are given the training to properly aid those that their hearts already long to help.
Why Study Social Work?
Everyone needs a social worker. Whether they offer counseling in hospitals, find loving homes for children, work in drug-addicted communities, or provide basic needs through disaster relief, social workers are always offering help to individuals when they need it most. Social workers intervene in the lives of those in need by counseling individuals, locating resources, facilitating groups with common needs, and promoting change within organizations and communities.
A BSW allows you to help others in a way that is productive, professional, and ethical.
By studying at Cairn, you can…
- learn to integrate social work theory and practice with your Christian faith to meet people’s physical, spiritual, and emotional needs
- complete over 500 field placement hours by the time you graduate
- gain experience working in rural, suburban, and urban contexts
- familiarize yourself with various cultures through multicultural training and interactions with diverse faculty
- join a robust network of alumni social workers who work in various social work fields around the world and have gone to pursue an MSW at leading graduate schools, such as UPenn and NYU
- have enough credits to take the baccalaureate social work exam in Pennsylvania and at least 36 other states.
- be equipped to enter your desired field of service immediately after graduation
- Place children in loving homes
- Provide safe places for those struggling with mental health
- Help addicted individuals on the road to recovery
- Counsel women who were recently freed from human trafficking
- Befriend and aid the homeless populations
- Guide students who struggle in school
- Teach graduate-level social work
- Create legislative change
You may also be interested in:
Social Work Scholarship
Up to $4,000 may be awarded to qualifying, full-time students enrolled in the BSW program. This scholarship is renewable annually. Contact your admissions counselor for more information, or learn more about this scholarship and other financial aid options here.