Youth and Family Ministry (BS)
Gain the biblical knowledge and ministry philosophy you need for effective work with children, teens, and young adults in church and parachurch settings.
Why Youth and Family Ministry?
A Youth and Family Ministry degree gives you a deep knowledge of the Bible and church leadership with a particular focus on ministry to young people and their families. Students in this program learn the skills for effective Bible teaching, ministry philosophy, adolescent development and psychology, and in-depth knowledge of the Bible.
Youth and Family Ministry at Cairn
Get an inside look at our Youth and Family Ministry Program
There are over 70 unique programs at Cairn to choose from! Not sure if this is the best program for you? Here are some more details to help you decide.
Required Credits: 120
- YTH 322 Comp Tech for Youth/Fam Min
- YTH 222 Effective Bible Teaching
- YTH 221 Philos of Ministry
- YTH 321 Ministering to Fam w/Youth
- YTH 421 Org/Adm in Youth & Fam Min
Children’s Ministry Director
Parachurch ministry leader
- Youth and Family Ministry (BS) + MA Religion Dual-Level Program
- Youth and Family Ministry (BS) + MBA Dual-Level Program
- Youth and Family Ministry (BS) + MDiv Dual-Level Program
- Youth and Family Ministry (BS) + MS in Nonprofit Leadership Dual-Level Program
- Youth and Family Ministry (BS) + MS in Organizational Development Dual-Level Program
Connect With Us
An Affordable Education
While the cost of a Cairn University education is competitive with similar institutions, we realize you may need financial assistance to take this journey. You are not alone. 97% of our full-time undergraduate students receive some form of financial assistance.
Meet Our Faculty
Dr. Matt McAlack teaches Bible, theology, psychology, and youth and family ministry.
Since 1996, Dr. McAlack has also directed JAM (Junior High Adventures in Ministry), a ministry and evangelism training event for middle schoolers at Cairn University.
In addition to serving at Cairn, Dr. McAlack has also served as a youth pastor and pastor of English ministry, as well as a speaker at conferences and retreats. Currently, he and his wife Michele lead the Youth Ministry and Outreach at Calvary Baptist Church in Bristol Pennsylvania.
Bryan Murawski is an Associate Professor for the school of Divinity at Cairn University. He previously served as a pastor for 15 years in NJ and MI. He frequently speaks at camps and retreats. Bryan is a father of four with his wife Janice, also a Cairn alumnus (’08).