Cairn invites students to walk a different path.
A path that will challenge them, inspire them, and prepare them for life and work. One that is centered on Jesus Christ and the Word of God, one that will give them a broad perspective on the world that is engaging and purposeful, one that will change their life and take them in a direction that will make a difference in this world and the lives of those around them. We know these are important days. The need for men and women of character, who are biblically minded, well-educated, and professionally competent is great. We believe that a Cairn education prepares graduates to meet that need. We believe this is a way worth traveling.
The Mission and the Vision
Cairn University exists to educate students to serve Christ in the church, society, and the world as biblically minded, well-educated, and professionally competent men and women of character.
At a Glance
of students who apply for financial aid receive funds
By the Numbers
- Total Students: 1,261
- Traditional Undergraduate Enrollment: 714
- Degree Completion Program Enrollment: 44
- Graduate Enrollment: 303
- Countries represented: 26
- States represented: 32
- Ethnic minority and
28% (Undergrad) / 41% (Grad)
- Male/Female Ratio:
45 male : 55 female (Undergrad)
48 male : 52 female (Grad)
(Information current as of Fall’ 16)
- Total Faculty: 126
- Percentage full-time faculty
with terminal degrees: 70%
- Average class size:
16 (Undergrad) / 12 (Grad)
- Student/Faculty Ratio:
12:1 (Undergrad) / 8:1 (Grad)
- Average high school GPA: 3.38
- Average ACT score: 21.6
- Average SAT score: 1022 (English and Math)
- English: 517
- Math: 505
- Writing: 499
- Established: 1913
- President: Todd J. Williams, Ph.D.
- Provost: Brian G. Toews, Ph.D.
- Color: Crimson
- NCAA III
- Colonial States Athletics Conf.
- Continental Volleyball Conf.
- 12 Teams
- Mascot: Highlander
- School song: “Great is Thy Faithfulness”
- School verse: Lamentations 3:23
- Location: Bucks County, PA