Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
Earn the Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and concurrently fulfill all course requirements for the highly demanded Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) credential.
This 24-credit fully online program prepares graduates to be successful practitioners trained to enhance the educational outcomes and lives of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and/or other related disabilities using applied behavior analysis (ABA).
Standard Completion Time
- Ranked 20th in Top 40 ABA Graduate Certificate Online Programs
- Ranked 12th in the 20 Most Affordable Online ABA Graduate Certificate Programs
- Ranked in Top 62 Online ABA Programs
- Cairn’s BCBA exam pass-rate in 2020 was 100%
- First Christian university worldwide to offer a program, with extensive autism training, verified to meet BCBA exam coursework requirements
- May be started any semester and completed in as few as four semesters
- 50% tuition discount for educators working in Christian schools
- Advance standing for Bible/theology credits available
- Can be completed as non-degree program or part of the Master of Arts (ABA) degree
- The Association for Behavior Analysis International has verified the courses listed below toward the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst examination. Applicants will need to meet additional requirements before they can be deemed eligible to take the examination
- Additional criteria for BCBA exam eligibility include a master’s degree or higher in any field of study and meeting fieldwork requirements. Visit bacb.com for details and other requirements
- The 5th edition BCBA exam will be available starting January 2022.
- Individuals residing outside of the U.S. and Canada may apply to complete this program to earn a Graduate Certificate in ABA but effective January 1, 2023 will not be eligible to apply for BCBA certification from the BACB.
- Graduate Certificate in ABA indicates completion of the ABA certificate program but not certification in behavior analysis; awarded only to matriculated students successfully completing the ABA certificate program
- Students holding a master’s degree from another institution are responsible for verifying if their degree and the institution meet BACB’s current standards. Click here for details.
- Students are responsible for verifying if this program meets the ABA licensing or certification requirements of the state and/or country where they intend to practice. Please see ABA Licensure and Certification.
Career and Ministry Enhancements
- Become a behavior analyst and enter a profession in high demand in the U.S. and globally
- Apply ABA in diverse fields such as education, autism, and developmental disabilities
- Work in schools, residential and home programs, clinics, hospitals, and other settings
- Develop Christian services and ministries for individuals with autism and their families
Why Applied Behavior Analysis?
- Best research-supported scientific treatment for autism
- Effective for individuals with other disabilities as well
- Demonstrated to be effective in many areas including:
- Communication, social, self-help, play, and work skills
- Reading and other academic skills
- Positive and safe behaviors
- Family life
Typical Program Curriculum
|Semester||24 Total Credits = 21 ABA + 3 Bible/Theology Credits|
|Spring #1||SPE 721 ABA for Autism and Other Disabilities I (S1)
SPE 723 Interventions for Autism/Other Disabilities (S2)
|Summer #1||SPE 728 Ethics for Behavior Analysts (S1)
SPE 726 Secondary Transition Assessment and Intervention (1 cr.) (S2)
SPE 727 Supervision and Management (2 cr.) (S2)
|Fall #1||SPE 724 Single Subject Research (S1)
SPE 722 ABA for Autism and Other Disabilities (S2)
|Spring #2||SPE 725 Principles of Behavior (S1)
BIB 621 Biblical Integration for Educators (S2)
To enter the program, the candidate will:
- Apply and complete Cairn University’s Graduate Program enrollment process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (with a cumulative GPA of 3.0) from an accredited college, university, or seminary
To complete the program, the candidate will:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
For more information about the online Graduate Certificate in ABA program, email email@example.com.