Student Consumer Information
General Institutional Information:
- Privacy of Student Records−Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity
- Price of Attendance:
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Out-of-State Student Complaint Procedure
- Textbook Information
- Educational Program
- Instructional Facilities
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Copyright Infringement−Policies and Sanctions
- Computer Use and File Sharing
- Student Activities
- Career and Job Placement Services
Student Financial Assistance:
- Assistance Available From Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Student Loan Information:
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Preferred Lender Lists & Preferred Lender Arrangements:
Cairn University does not have preferred lender arrangements. Students wishing to secure a private loan can visit http://studentlendinganalytics.com/ratings.html for more information.
Health and Safety:
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Vaccination Policies
- Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics and Crime Log
- Fire Safety Policies, Fire Statistics and Fire Log (On-Campus Housing Facilities)
- Retention Rate: 75% of the Fall 2016 first-time, full-time freshmen returned for their sophomore year in Fall 2017.
- Graduation Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act): 62% of the Fall 2011 first-time, full-time freshmen graduated within 150% of their program length.
- Transfer-out Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act): This rate is primarily used by schools who prepare students for transfer (such as Community Colleges preparing students to enter a baccalaureate program). Since Cairn does not prepare students for transfer to other undergraduate schools, it does not track a transfer-out rate.
- Graduation Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid (Student Right-to-Know Act): Cairn has no students receiving athletically related student aid
- Transfer-out Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid (Student Right-to-Know Act): Cairn has no students receiving athletically related student aid
- Job Placement for Graduates: For students graduating with a baccalaureate between August 2015 and May 2016: 87% were employed, 9% were not employed by choice, and 4% were seeking employment (as of March 2017).
- Time to Employment for Graduates: For employed students graduating with a baccalaureate between August 2015 and May 2016: 33% were employed before they graduated, 87% were employed within six months after graduation, 100% were employed within a year after graduation.
- Graduate Education Placement: For students graduating with a baccalaureate degree from Cairn between August 2015 and May 2016: 23% received a Masters degree along with their baccalaureate and 16% were currently enrolled in a graduate program (as of March 2017).
Bachelor of Science in Bible (1958)
Bachelor of Music (1967)
Bachelor of Social Work (1974)
Bachelor of Science in Education (1987)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (1999)
Bachelor of Arts (2012)
Bachelor of Science in Youth and Family Ministry (2013)
Bachelor of Science (2015)
Master of Science in Education (1992)
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (1996)
Master of Science in Educational Leadership
and Administration (1999)
Master of Divinity (2002)
Master of Business Administration (2010)
Master of Science in Counseling (2013)
Master of Arts (2013)
Master of Theology (2013)
Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership (2015)
Master of Science in Special Education (2017)
Note: Dates listed reflect initial approval.
Cairn University has been approved by the state of Pennsylvania to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
National Association of Schools of Music
11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21
Reston, VA 20190
International Accreditation Council for Business Education
11374 Strang Line Road
Lenexa, KS 66215
*Cairn University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.
Public Notice of Accreditation
Public Notice of Student Achievement
Athletic Program Participation
|Track and Field; Cross-Country||13||9|
|Unduplicated Participant Count (Number of individuals who participated on at least one varsity team)||105||72|
Related material, including financial support data, can be found on the Athletics Data website of the U.S. Department of Education. Click on “Get data for one institution/campus” and enter “Cairn University.”
Campus Safety Report
This report includes statistics for occurrences of reportable crimes that took place during the 2016 calendar year. The following items are also included in the document:
- Sexual Harassment/Assault and Rape Policy
- Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Dangers of Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Federal Trafficking Penalties for Controlled Substances
- University Disciplinary Sanctions for Violations
- Annual Fire Safety Report
Upon request, a paper copy is also available from the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs and Administration’s Office, The Office of Safety and Security, or the Office of Human Resources. Related material can be found on the Campus Security Data website of the U.S. Department of Education. Click on “Get data for one institution/campus” and enter “Cairn University.”