In the event an emergency situation arises on or off campus, a campus-wide warning will be issued via the University website, person to person, text messaging, and/or email notification. This warning will be appropriate to the circumstances and will be issued to students, faculty, and staff.
To report a crime, contact the Office of Safety and Security by dialing 4350 from any campus telephone or 215.702.4350 from any off-campus telephone. In addition, emergency phones may be used to contact campus security. These phones are located outside of Memorial Hall, Stillman Hall, and Penndel Apartments, as well as parking lots A, G, H, and J.
We encourage everyone to report crimes that you are witness to or suspect. Crimes can be reported to any University faculty or staff member. Crimes may also be reported anonymously via telephone.
Information on preventing and reporting crimes, including sexual assault and rape, can be found on the Intranet.
Crime Prevention Tips
- Secure valuables
- Lock doors and windows to your room
- Lock your bicycle
- Use a lock on gym lockers
- Do not loan or give your keys to anyone
- Do not leave books, bags, purses, wallets, or any other possessions unattended
- Keep a written record of valuables, including descriptions and serial numbers
- Report missing or stolen property immediately
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Walk in well-lighted areas
- Avoid walking or jogging alone
- Avoid studying alone at night in computer labs, the Music Building, or isolated areas of campus buildings
- Do not prop open locked doors
- Know the locations of Campus Emergency Phones
- Do not provide addresses, social security numbers, or last names in online chat rooms or forums
- Be sure to log off when using university computers
- Do not give passwords, email accounts, network accounts or other password-protected services to any person or website
- Back up important data
- When using a laptop, do not leave it unattended
We are happy to help students in need of motor vehicle assistance.
- Call Security at 215.702.4350.
- Provide your name and location, and a description of your vehicle.
- Security personnel will come to your assistance.
Campus buildings and facilities are open to members of the campus community during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Various buildings may be open additional hours and on weekends for special events. Space and building reservations may be made by contacting the Campus Events and Facilities Coordinator at 215.702.4308. Cairn University’s campus is a private property and the OSS reserves the right to remove any person or persons in violation of federal/state/local laws and/or Cairn policies.
Students may obtain access to a building after it has been closed only by written authorization from a class instructor. Please bring a valid student I.D. card when requesting access to campus facilities.
- Call Security at 215.702.4350 from the nearest campus phone or your cell phone.
- Provide your name and location.
- Security personnel will come to your location and provide you access to the building and room(s) you need.
Security personnel provide shuttle services to and from various campus locations, residence halls, and Penndel Apartments. The shuttle runs from 6:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. weekdays, and during meal times on weekends.
Safety and Security periodically runs training sessions for students, faculty, and staff. Topics include:
- Fire Safety Education
- Crime Prevention and Safety Education
- CPR/AED Training
Drug & Alcohol Abuse
Tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, including illegally obtained prescription drugs, and gambling are prohibited on the University campus. State and federal laws concerning these are strictly observed. A regular program of drug-abuse awareness operates through the Office of Student Life and the University’s Health Center.
For further information regarding the provisions of the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act contact:
|Office of Student Life||215.702.4213|
|University Health Center||215.702.4334|
If you are interested in learning more about safety and security, please contact the OSS. Presentations for students, faculty, staff, and community members may be scheduled. A list of crime prevention and safety tips can be found on the Intranet.
ext. 4350 or 215.702.4350
Mon-Fri: 8am – 5pm
Mason Activity Center
Mon-Fri: 4pm – 8am
Safety and Security Staff
Christopher T. Lloyd
Kevin J. Cornetto
708 North Pine Street
Langhorne, PA 19047