Online Master of Education
Centered on a biblical worldview, the online MS in Education program is designed for Christian educators who want to be more effective in the classroom, with courses offered in curriculum design, teaching models, current trends, and theoretical and philosophical foundations of education. Courses focusing on special education, diverse learners, and non-native English speakers help teachers reach the many, varied student populations in their classrooms. An Instructional Design Project provides a practical capstone to the program.
- This program offers online coursework leading to a master’s degree, providing national and international students with opportunities for further study in a setting where biblical worldview integration is both modeled and taught.
- At the discretion of the program advisor, three to six credits for prior learning (“CPL”) can be awarded for students with extensive background in areas addressed by specific courses.
- Advance standing may be granted for Bible or theology credits earned at an accredited Bible college, Christian liberal arts college or university, or seminary. Credits will be granted on a course by course basis.
- Educators working in Christian schools receive a 50% tuition discount.
To enter the program, the candidate will:
- Apply and complete Cairn University’s Graduate Program enrollment process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (with a cumulative GPA of 3.0) from an accredited undergraduate institution and submit proof in the form of official transcripts
To complete the program, the candidate will:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Develop, present, evaluate the effectiveness of an Instructional Design Project, a capstone project similar in scope to a master’s thesis
For more information about the online MS in Education degree program, contact Luke Gibson, Admissions Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Semester||39 TOTAL CREDITS:
21 Core + 12 Electives + 6 Bible/Theology
THE 601 Overview of Christian Theology
EDU 712 Curriculum Theory, Design and Assessment
BIB 621 Biblical Integration for Educators
EDU 716 Global Trends in Education
EDU 791 Instructional Design Project
Special Education Elective
The courses listed reflect a suggested sequence of classes to complete the program in six semesters, including two summers. Should the student have advanced standing for Bible/theology or wish to take classes at a slower pace, certain courses are offered multiple times a year, while other courses may be offered fall or spring only. Please consult with your academic advisor or check the course roster on the Registrar’s office page.