Online MS in Education
Centered on a biblical worldview, the online MS in Education program is designed for Christian educators who want to be more effective in the classroom, with courses offered in curriculum design, teaching models, current trends, and theoretical and philosophical foundations of education. Courses focusing on special education, diverse learners, and non-native English speakers help teachers reach the many, varied student populations in their classrooms. An Instructional Design Project provides a practical capstone to the program.
- This program offers online coursework leading to a master’s degree, providing national and international students with opportunities for further study in a setting where biblical worldview integration is both modeled and taught.
- At the discretion of the program advisor, three to six credits for prior learning (“CPL”) can be awarded for students with extensive background in areas addressed by specific courses.
- Advance standing may be granted for Bible or theology credits earned at an accredited Bible college, Christian liberal arts college or university, or seminary. Credits will be granted on a course by course basis.
- Educators working in Christian schools receive a 50% tuition discount.
To enter the program, the candidate will:
- Apply and complete Cairn University’s Graduate Program enrollment process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (with a cumulative GPA of 3.0) from an accredited undergraduate institution and submit proof in the form of official transcripts
To complete the program, the candidate will:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Develop, present, evaluate the effectiveness of an Instructional Design Project, a capstone project similar in scope to a master’s thesis
For more information about the online MS in Education degree program, contact Kristina O’Connell, Admissions Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Semester||39 TOTAL CREDITS:
21 Core + 12 Electives + 6 Bible/Theology
The courses listed reflect a suggested sequence of classes to complete the program in six semesters, including two summers. Should the student have advanced standing for Bible/theology or wish to take classes at a slower pace, certain courses are offered multiple times a year, while other courses may be offered fall or spring only. Please consult with your academic advisor or check the course roster on the Registrar’s office page.
ACSI Leadership U
Program Participants Can Earn Graduate Credit at Cairn University
Your participation in ACSI’s Leadership U program can be applied toward an online Master of Science in Education degree at Cairn University. The ACSI Leadership U courses will be used to fill 12 elective credits in the MS in Education program, and Cairn offers a Christian School Educators Discount that would cover 50% of tuition for the remainder of your program. In addition, you may also qualify for advance standing if you have completed Bible credits at another accredited university.
Applications are due by February 15. Apply today to have your application fee waived.