Cairn expects its students to be competent in their approach to applying their particular skill set in the care and growth of others. Pre-Art Therapy provides a unique opportunity in interact and heal utilizing the arts.
Why Study Pre-Art Therapy?
A Bachelor of Arts degree in Pre-Art Therapy allows the student to pursue university level studies in the field of art therapy in preparation for further study at the graduate level. Pre-Art Therapy students develop their artistic, diagnostic, and interpersonal skills while also learning how to integrate and apply a biblical worldview to their field. A student’s personal growth as an artist and means of expressing is fundamental the program. Courses provide students with study in foundational art and design courses, art history, psychology, social studies, and professional preparation. The solid studio experience builds an essential base for graduate level studies.
Why Study Pre-Art Therapy at Cairn?
- Faculty who bring their professional artistic and educational expertise into the classroom
- Opportunities to be involved in vibrant, student-led art-making workshops and exhibitions on campus
- Immersion in the studio with a balance of traditional methods with current artistic approaches to making art
- Creative Arts therapists
- Marriage and family therapists
- Nurse practitioner
- Social worker
- Rehabilitation therapists