Online Special Education Certification
Through PA State Special Education Certification, maximize your capacity to work with students with special needs and significantly impact their lives. Candidates who meet additional requirements by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) are also eligible to apply for ACSI Certification in Special Education.
This 33-credit, fully online, biblically integrated program equips educators with expert knowledge and best practices to competently engage students with special needs in enriched and meaningful skill development and growth in all areas of life. Special education (SPED) certified teachers are in high demand in both inclusive and more restrictive classrooms. This program is designed for individuals already holding teaching certification. This can be a stand-alone program or a part of the MS in Special Education degree in Instruction.
- PA certified teachers are eligible for PA Special Education Certification upon program completion and passing the Special Education PECT test. Teachers certified by another state may be able to meet their state’s SPED certification reciprocity requirements but are advised to check with their state.
- Program can be started in any semester and completed in as few as 6 semesters, including two summers.
- 50% tuition discount for educators working in Christian schools.
- Field experience integrated into multiple courses.
- Option to complete practicums and preservice teaching in school chosen by student in his or her local region (with University approval)
To enter the program, the candidate will:
- Apply and complete Cairn University’s Graduate Program enrollment process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (with a cumulative GPA of 3.0) from an accredited undergraduate institution and submit proof in the form of official transcripts
To complete the program, the candidate will:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
For more information about the online Special Education Certification, contact Luke Gibson, Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com.
SPE 682 Behavioral Intervention in Autism
SPE 661 Foundations of Special Education
SPE 714 Diagnosis & Evaluation of the Exceptional Learner
SPE 762 Developmental and Diagnostic Reading Interventions
SPE 764 Teaching Children with Lower Incidence Disabilities
EDU 781 Teaching Practicum (6 credits; 4-week student teaching)
|*Or select SPE 664 Issues in Special Education for School Leaders (summer semester only)|