Students in TESOL courses at Cairn University learn the methodology of teaching English to non-native speakers. Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to teach English in various settings in the U.S. and around the world.
Why Study TESOL (BA)?
The world is increasingly more in need of educators who can teach English to non-native speakers. In this program, you will learn how to properly teach English to those who are not fluent through a study of linguistics, culture and community, grammar, and pronunciation. Those who study TESOL will be equipped to work with immigrants, refugees, international students, business professionals, and more.
Why Study TESOL (BA) at Cairn?
- Practice teaching English to non-native speakers by volunteering at the University’s weekly Community English Language Program.
- Be trained in best teaching practices and methodology
- Be well-versed in intercultural communication
- Apply a biblical worldview
- Teaching at a community college, language institute, or community program
- Working with refugees and immigrant populations
- Teaching abroad
- Teaching abroad as missionary work