Master of Arts (Religion)
The Master of Arts (Religion) program at Cairn is designed for students with a wide range of ministry and professional goals. All students receive a broad foundational education in the inerrant Word of God and in the key doctrines of the Christian faith. Students take the same foundational courses they would receive on campus, plus innovative courses designed to prepare them for teaching, preaching, and other ministries in the local church. All courses are designed and taught by Cairn professors, who bring their scholarly expertise and ministry experience to bear.
Spring 2022 start date: January 10, 2022
Standard Completion Time
- Available on-campus or fully online, and designed to be completed in two years.
- Build a foundational knowledge of the inerrant Word of God and the history and doctrines of the Christian church.
- Prepare to serve in a preaching or teaching role.
- Develop the skills to examine the biblical text and theology in relationship with the realities of everyday life and ministry.
- Study under faculty who are experienced scholars, educators, and ministers who invest in the lives of their students both inside and out of the classroom.
- Advance standing is available for those who qualify.
To enter the program, the candidate will:
- Apply and complete Cairn University’s Graduate Program enrollment process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 cumulative GPA from an accredited undergraduate institution and submit proof in the form of official transcripts.
To complete the program, the candidate will:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Articulate a master’s level understanding of the Bible appropriate for vocational ministry.
- Articulate a master’s level understanding of systematic and historical theology appropriate for vocational ministry.
- Demonstrate a spiritual maturity and skills within a ministry setting.
For more information about the Master of Arts (Religion) degree program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typical Program Curriculum
|Fall #1||BIB 701 The Pentateuch
BIB 712 Pauline Epistles
THE 601 Overview of Christian Theology
|Spring #1||BIB 702 Old Testament Narrative Literature
BIB 711 Gospels and Acts
|Summer #1||CHM** Introduction to Ministry
CHM** Philosophy of Ministry
|Fall #2||BIB 703 Old Testament Prophets
BIB 704 Psalms and Wisdom Literature
PMN** Preaching and Teaching I
|Spring #2||BIB 713 General Epistles and Revelation
PMN** Preaching and Teaching II
|Summer #2||THE 701 Church History
CHM 621 The Spiritual Life