Cairn students have the option to print from anywhere from any device, including mobile devices to the Canon multifunction printers located across campus.
- Each semester students receive $30 in their printing accounts for copying and printing.
- Each black & white print/copy is billed at 10 cents, and color prints/copies are 20 cents each.
- Double sided copies count for two pages.
- Balances are not transferable to the next semester.
- Once the balance runs out, students can add money to their account via Paypal by following the directions below:
Adding Funds to your Cairn Print Account
Students can add additional funds via Paypal by doing the following:
- Follow this link.
- Enter your Cairn username and password and click Login.
- Click on Budget/Recharge button on the right hand side.
- Click OK.
- Choose the Amount you want to add and click on Next.
- Wait for the Paypal interface to load and login with your Paypal credentials.
- Click to confirm payment and you are all set. The payment takes effect immediately.
Printing from Anywhere at Cairn University
There are three methods to print remotely from any device anywhere:
- Using Google Cloud Print: Print from your PC/Mac/Mobile Devices
- Via mobile print by sending an email to [email protected]
- Via webprint by going to http://print.cairn.edu
Method 1: Using Google Cloud Print at Cairn University
Google Cloud Print is now available to Cairn students and employees where they can print from any device from anywhere to the Cairn MFP printers. Here is the big picture:
- The user downloads the client software for the PC or Mac.
- The user presses print from any of the applications and prints the document as if one is printing to a personal printer.
- The user scans the card at the Canon copiers and releases the print job.
Step-by-Step Directions on Using Cloud Print
- Install the print driver on your PC or Mac
- Download and install the cloud print software from https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/cloudprintdriver.html
- Open Google Chrome and login to your @cairn.edu Google Account. Note that for this to work, you must be logged in with your Cairn account in Chrome.
- Now print from any of your Applications
- Open your document (from whatever application) and press Print.
- Select Google Cloud Printer from the print dialog box.
- Next, Google Chrome will open asking you to select which printer you want to print to.
- Select Cairn-CloudPrint.
- Next, select the print options: change the Color option to Black and White if you do not want to be billed at the color rate.
- Click Print and then go to the Canon copiers to release your print job.
- Releasing your Print Job
- Go to one of Canon copiers and scan your Cairn ID Card.
- Tap Secure Print from the copier display and select the print job you had submitted earlier.
Printing from your Mobile Devices and Gadgets:
Method 2: Send your Print Job as an Attachment from Any Device (easiest)
With this method you can send an attachment from any computer, smartphone, tablet or any mobile device, you can print from anywhere at Cairn. Basically the way it works is that you send the document as an attachment to [email protected] and then using your Cairn ID, you can release the print job in the Masland Library or computer labs (for the students) or at any Canon multifunction devices (for employees).
In order for this to work, all three conditions below must be met.
- The file you want to print must be in the form of an attachment of common file formats such as Word, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- The attachment must be sent to [email protected] just like you send any emails to anyone (with an attachment).
- The email must be sent from your .cairn.edu account. Employees must use their employee email.
- Login to your Cairn email account (http://gmail.cairn.edu) or https://mail.cairn.edu (employees)
- Address the email to [email protected]
- Add the attachment document that you want to print and press Send.
- Go to one of the Canon multifunction printers or print release stations and scan your Cairn card.
Method 3: Uploading your Files via Webprint (print.cairn.edu)
- Go to http://print.cairn.edu/
- Enter your Cairn username and password and click login
- Click Choose File and select the file you would like to print
- Select the Only B/W if you do not want to be charged for color
- Choose your print options and select Submit
- Go to a print release station or any of the Canon multifunction devices and release the print job to the desired printer
Questions? Email [email protected], or call 215.702.4554.