Adjunct Professor, School of Music
- DMA in Composition, Temple University
- MMus, Temple University
- BS in Music Education, West Chester University
Dr. Scott Watson is a veteran K-12 music teacher, frequently published and commissioned composer, and highly regarded music education technology specialist. Watson has presented music technology workshops for hundreds of K-12 music educators in school districts and state/national conferences in more than a dozen states, Canada, and Australia.
He serves on the Board of Directors for TI:ME (Technology for Music Education) and is a MakeMusic/Finale Clinician. A favorite theme in all his teaching is using technology to draw out authentic creative expression via project-based learning.
Watson’s compositions have been called “beautiful and interesting” (The Instrumentalist) and “written with supreme craft” (Percussive Notes) and includes several dozen best-selling published works for concert band and orchestra at all levels. Watson is an exclusive composer for Alfred Publications’ Challenger concert band series.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Music Education
- Instrumental Music
- Music Technology
- Nationally recognized music education technology specialist
- Frequently commissioned and published composer
- Veteran instrumental music teacher
- Approximately 100 compositions and arrangements for band, orchestra, and chamber ensembles at all levels (Alfred, Hal Leonard, Wingert-Jones, TRN Publishers, Trillenium, etc.)
- Using Technology to Unlock Musical Creativity (Oxford University Press, 2011)
Teaching at Cairn since 2009