Professor Emeritus, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Ph.D., University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- M.A., Southern Methodist University
- Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
- B.A., The King’s College
Dr. Robert Wenger is a historian of American history, whose research focuses on the religious, social, and intellectual history of the U.S. In addition to American history, he has also taught on sociology, world civilizations, and contemporary culture.
In addition to teaching, Dr. Wenger has participated in the American Society of Church History and the Conference on Faith and History, an academic society concerned with the intersection of Christian faith and historical inquiry.
In addition to teaching, Dr. Wenger has written adult Sunday School lessons for Union Gospel Press since 1973.
- Social Thoughts in American Fundamentalism (1918-1933). Wipf and Stock Publishers, 2007.
- Biographical Dictionary of Evangelicals (contributor). InterVarsity Press, 2003.
- Cairn Faculty Member of the Year, 1989-90
- Outstanding Educators of America, 1972
- Writing poetry
Teaching at Cairn since 1983