Professor; Chair, Music Education, School of Music
- PhD in Music Education, Temple University
- MA in Piano Performance, The College of New Jersey
- BS in Music, BS in Education, Summit University
Debbie Lynn Wolf is a professor of music and chair of music education in the School of Music. She teaches private piano and class piano, as well as music for ages preschool through adult for the Cairn Community Arts Academy.
Debbie also serves as consultant and chief reader for PRAXIS Music Tests, certification exams, at Educational Testing Services (ETS), Ewing, NJ, and teaches music education courses at University of the Arts, Villanova University, and Chestnut Hill College.
Her work in musical development, assessment, and music in special education has been presented at national and international conferences including NAfME (2004-2014), ISME Research Commission (Canary Islands, 2004; Bali, 2006; Portugal, 2008; China, 2010; Greece, 2012; Brazil, 2014; London, 2016), ISME World Conference (Canary Islands, 2004; Italy, 2008, China, 2010; Greece 2012; Brazil, 2014; Scotland, 2016), ICMPC (Italy, 2006; Greece, 2014), College Music Society (Argentina, 2013); European Early Childhood (Lithuania, 2007; 2009); SIMCAM (Brazil, 2007), and AOSA (San Jose, 2007; Charlotte, NC, 2008; Milwaukee, 2009; Spokane, 2010). Publications include contributions to CRME, ISME, PMEA, and ETS.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
Music Education Courses, Aural Skills, Class Piano, Piano Pedagogy
- Suzuki Piano Level I, 1984
- Music Learning Theory, Early Childhood, Level I, 1999
- Orff Certification Course Level I, 2007
- “Working with Parents and Paraprofessionals to Provide Optimal Music Learning Opportunities for Students with Special Needs.” PMEA District 11 in-service conference, 2014.
- “Reach for the Moon and See Stars: Challenging Students with Special Needs toward Musical Excellence.” PMEA State conference, 2014.
- “Tips for Taking the Praxis Music Tests.” PMEA State conference, 2014.
Awards & Honors:
- PMEA Certificate of Excellence in Higher Education, 2010
- Who’s Who of American Women
- Who’s Who in Colleges and Universities
- Who’s Who in Education
Memberships & Boards:
- Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 11 Executive Board
- Board member of Robert Carwithen Music Foundation Scholarship
- Listening to music
Teaching at Cairn since 1989