Adjunct Professor, School of Business
- BBA in Accounting, Temple University
- AICPA Certificate of Educational Achievement in Governmental Accounting and Auditing
Cindy teaches Financial Management for Nonprofit Organizations. Her goal is to equip students with practical tools to advance the sustainability of nonprofit organizations. She also seeks to facilitate students in processing the financial management considerations through a biblical lens.
Cindy draws from over 30 years of experience working with nonprofit organizations through the CPA firm Bee, Bergvall & Company and the firm’s Catalyst Center for Nonprofit Management. The firm provides tax and accounting services and the Catalyst Center focuses on strategic consulting and equipping nonprofit leaders and Board Members. Cindy enjoys partnering the financial analysis skills of the CPA firm with the strategic objectives of the organizations.
She is the board chair of CB Cares Educational Foundation, a member of the C12 Group (a monthly meeting of Christian CEOs), and a former board member of the First Savings Charitable Foundation. She is also active with the PICPA Committees on State and Local Government and Fiscal Responsibility.
Previously, she served on the boards of Valley Christian School (treasurer and development committee chair), as treasurer of the Warrington Community Business Alliance and the Southeastern PA Chapter of the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Nonprofit Leadership with a focus on financial sustainability & financial management
Memberships and Boards:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Committee on Relations with State and Local Government
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- PA Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO) BoardSource
- The C12 Group
- CB Cares Educational Foundation Board President
- Childrens’s Ministry Volunteer at Faith Community Church
- Christian Business Womens’ Connection
- Womens’ Business Forum
Honors & Awards:
- Smart CEO CPA-Esq Award 2015
- OMB Uniform Grant Guidance Update
- Putting Your Best Foot Forward with your Form 990
- Using Data to Tell Your Story
- Financial Management for Nonprofits
- It Can’t Happen Here; Financial Sustainability
- Picture This! A Roadmap to Financial Health
- Me, Myself and Bob by Phil Vischer
- A Praying Life by Paul Miller
- Prayer by Tim Keller
- Decisive by Chip & Dan Heath
Teaching at Cairn since 2015