A degree in psychology is a comprehensive degree whose principles can be applied across a diverse range of fields, from business and human resources to behavioral health and counseling. Graduates will leave prepared for employment in a wide range of occupations in the field of human services, opens the door for significant, lasting, and meaningful service to Christ through service to humanity.
Why Study Psychology?
A degree in psychology is one of the most sought after undergraduate degrees with a large range of career options. This four-year program enables students to increase their ability to understand people and what makes them tick while additionally developing and growing personally. Exposure to the scientific method, data collection and analysis through projects and classroom learning hones critical thinking and problem solving skills. This degree can also be a stepping stone for diverse graduate education options with the ability to specialize in a field of choice.
Why Study Psychology at Cairn?
- Earn a bachelor’s degree and an MS in Counseling in as few as five years, all while qualifying for undergraduate financial aid.
- Study the human as a spiritual, physical, emotional, cognitive, and volitional person, acquiring a holistic understanding of people
- Articulate the importance of diversity and multi-culturalism in the study of human behavior.
- Think critically about theories and practices in psychology from a Christian worldview
- Participate in an internship within your respective field of study
- Prepare for graduate education in both academic and applied areas of psychology
Behavioral & Mental Health fields
Business (eg. Human Resources)
Criminal Justice (eg. Probation Officer)