At Cairn, the Liberal Arts degree prepares the student with a biblically based perspective on critical thinking, a broad base of interdisciplinary knowledge, and an engagement with modern culture. This program serves as a solid foundation for students intending to pursue graduate work in the various fields of the liberal arts.
Why Study Liberal Arts?
The search for truth and the ability to think across the disciplines is a major reason to pursue a degree in the liberal arts—mathematics and science, history and literature, philosophy, fine arts, and social sciences—because they provide us with ways to discover truth in the world. Fitted together with theological reflection on God’s Word, these disciplines enable us to formulate a robust understanding of God, the world, and ourselves. The breadth of study provides knowledge and background which are often left underdeveloped in other programs, helping the liberal arts graduate thrive in a wide variety of fields.
Why Study Liberal Arts at Cairn?
- We affirm that all truth is God’s truth and that the search for truth is one way that we worship God.
- Fitted together with theological reflection on God’s Word, a program in the liberal arts enables students to formulate a robust understanding of God, the world, and themselves.
- It is designed for students who wish to engage in the “great conversation” associated with the liberal arts within the context of a Christian worldview.
- The liberal arts program at Cairn deepens the student’s ability to think biblically within various academic disciplines.
- The liberal arts program at Cairn enables students to identify and articulate connections across disciplines.
- Intelligence Analyst
- Communications, Editor, Writer
- Social Services Human Relations Officer
- Museum Curator