Cairn’s Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice prepares students to enter various fields connected to law and law enforcement at the local, state, and federal levels. Centered on biblical principles, we develop students into well-educated contributors to society, serving Christ within this complex discipline.
Why Study Criminal Justice?
The BA in Criminal Justice maintains a perspective focused on prevention and restoration and built upon three content areas: the law, the criminal justice system, and the persons and organizations linking them. This is a dynamic field that can be customized to the student’s interests through electives and chosen minor. Upon graduation, students are prepared to enter the world of law enforcement, as well as to pursue further academic study at the graduate level.
Why Study Criminal Justice at Cairn?
- foundational courses in criminal law and criminal processes
- professors whose instruction is enriched by their professional experience in the field
- a capstone internship customized for each student’s professional goals and interests
- optional additional training in cybersecurity
- biblically centered and focused on prevention and restoration
- Law school
- Local, state and federal law enforcement
- Adult and juvenile probation
- Public policy and planning
- Community organizing