Planning Worship Theologically
Worship Leaders: The work you do in your church matters. Cairn University values the investment you make to your local body of believers Sunday after Sunday, which is why we are offering a course from our new Worship & Music (MA) program at $100/credit!
MUS 607: Planning Worship Theologically
100% Online, Asynchronous
July 4, 2022
August 21, 2022
Planning Worship Theologically will give you the opportunity to be refreshed and equipped with biblical approaches to planning a Sunday morning worship service centered on Christ and geared toward discipleship.
- Create a philosophy of gospel-centered worship.
- Learn how to arrange the worship service in a way that is biblical and in light of church tradition.
- Study the history of worship in the Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox traditions.
- Gain tools for change management and understanding church culture.
- Take the course at your own pace with weekly flexibility.
- Meet once a week with your professor and classmates to discuss the coursework and its practical applications.
*Since you will use your own church worship model as a “lab” throughout the course, you will gain tools and ideas you can immediately apply to your own congregation!
Interested in our MA in Worship & Music Program?
Prepare to thoughtfully lead a worship ministry through a robust study of worship theology and history paired with an industry-leading, practical study of music technology in this fully online program. Classes for the Fall start on August 29, 2022.
CLICK HERE for more information on the program, or inquire today.
Request more information
Meet the Professor
Dr. Benjamin Harding
Benjamin Harding, DMA, is the dean of the School of Music and a classically trained pianist with 20 years of worship leading experience. Benjamin has bachelor’s degrees from Cairn University, a master’s degree and professional studies certificate from Manhattan School of Music, and a doctor of musical arts degree in Piano Performance from the University of Maryland, College Park. He is also Director of Worship Ministries at Riverstone Church in Yardley, PA.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Worship Leading
- Music Technology
- Worship Studies
- Music Entrepreneurship
Teaching at Cairn since 2012