The Honors Program welcomes students into a close-knit community of faculty and intellectually gifted undergraduates committed to acquiring a broad and balanced education.
Developing the skills of scholarship and a lifestyle of service among qualified students, the goal of Cairn University’s Honors Program is for students to integrate all of their studies—stretching themselves to greater levels of scholastic accomplishment.
The Honors Program emphasizes the conversation between the Bible, literature, and ideas that have shaped our intellectual tradition. Through reading, collaborative study, and discussion, students develop skills of reasoning and shaping oral and written arguments. The approach is text-centered, student-focused, and writing-intensive.
- Receive a $2000 annually renewable scholarship
- Attend university-funded cultural outings
- Join other honors students and faculty members for monthly dinners and discussions
- Work closely with a faculty mentor to develop a personally designed, six-credit honors project
- Minimum 1270 new SAT score
- Minimum 25 ACT
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Honors Program application (Deadline March 1)
- Application includes:
- Personal Information
- Activities, Interests, and Work Experiences
- Reflections on Recent Readings
- Writing Responses (200-word personal goal essay & 500-word academic study essay)
- References (two letters of recommendation)