Professor of Theology, School of Divinity
- PhD in Systematic Theology, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- MDiv with emphasis in Apologetics, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- BA in Health and Society, Brown University
At Cairn, Dr. Keith Plummer teaches on a variety of topics related to pastoral ministry, including pastoral care, pastoral practice, and pastoral counseling and community building. He also teaches on apologetics, spiritual formation and disciple-making ministries, and ministry in a cultural context. Biblical courses he teaches include Introduction to the Bible and Exposition of the Pastoral Epistles.
Before teaching at Cairn, Dr. Plummer served as associate pastor at Our Saviour Evangelical Free Church in Wheeling, IL, for 18 years where his primary responsibilities were adult education and pastoral counseling. For ten of those years he served as a volunteer police chaplain. Among his areas of interest are cultural apologetics and technology. Exercising his interest in radio and podcasting, he once conducted a series of interviews with Christian authors–an endeavor he would like to resume again someday.
Dr. Plummer and his wife Ingrid have been married for almost 30 years. They have two children, Candace and Brandon.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Systematic theology
- Pastoral counseling
- “Loving Well in a Data-Saturated World.” Soul & Spirit e-newsletter. Society for Christian Psychology.
- “Trayvon Martin and Loving the Truth.” Gospel Coalition Blog.
- “Rethinking Worldview” (book review). Themelios.
- “Cross Talk” (book review). Themelios.
- “Veritas? Harvard’s Stem Cell Initiative.” Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity blog.
- “To Beast or Not to Beast: Does the Law of Christ Prohibit Zoophilia?” National Conference of the Evangelical Theological Society (2001).
- “Selfishness and Self-Esteem.” Moody Magazine.
- “Three in One.” Moody Magazine.
Teaching at Cairn since 2010