Dean; Professor of Theology, School of Divinity
- PhD in Systematic Theology, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- MDiv with emphasis in Apologetics, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- BA in Health and Society, Brown University
Dr. Keith Plummer teaches on a variety of topics including apologetics, biblical hermeneutics, and pastoral counseling. His love of apologetics resulted from the role it played (particularly through the works of Francis Schaeffer) in helping him through a period of intense doubt during his early Christian life. One of his primary research interests is the relationship between technology and Christian discipleship, and he has taught graduate and undergraduate courses on the subject.
Before teaching at Cairn, Dr. Plummer served as associate pastor at Our Saviour Evangelical Free Church in Wheeling, IL, for 18 years where his primary responsibilities were adult education and pastoral counseling. For ten of those years, he served as a volunteer police chaplain. Combining his interest in radio, theology, and books, he once conducted a series of interviews with Christian authors–an endeavor he would like to someday resume.
Dr. Plummer and his wife, Ingrid, have two adult children, Candace and Brandon.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Systematic theology
- Pastoral counseling
Papers & Publications:
- “I Hope to Text You Soon.” Fathom Magazine (January 2018)
- “I Hope to Text You Soon: A Theological Assessment of Turkle and Carr.” National Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society (2017)
- “John Owen, the Self-Attestation of Biblical Authority, and its Significance for Christian Apologetics.” National Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society (2014)
- “Loving Well in a Data-Saturated World.” Soul & Spirit e-newsletter. Society for Christian Psychology (2014)
- “Cross Talk” (book review) Themelios (2013)
- “Rethinking Worldview” (book review) Themelios (2013)
- “Trayvon Martin and Loving the Truth.” Gospel Coalition Blog (2012)
- “Veritas? Harvard’s Stem Cell Initiative.” Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity blog (2006)
- “To Beast or Not to Beast: Does the Law of Christ Prohibit Zoophilia?” National Conference of the Evangelical Theological Society (2001)
Teaching at Cairn since 2010