Professor of Old Testament, School of Divinity
- PhD, Dallas Theological Seminary
- ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary
- BS, Cairn University
- Post-graduate studies in biblical Hebrew, University of Pennsylvania
- Post-graduate studies in biblical Aramaic, Westminster Theological Seminary
Gary Edward Schnittjer teaches biblical Hebrew and Old Testament for the School of Divinity at Cairn University. He is author of Old Testament Use of Old Testament. It is a reference book for students and ministers of the word with chapters on every book of the Old Testament as well as a chapter on “Toward the New Testament.” You are invited to listen to the interview at PastorWriter (with Chase Replogle). Please check out Schnittjer’s interview on Theology on the Go part 2 (with Jonathan Master and James Dolezal).
Schnittjer is doing research for writing projects under contract with Baker Academic, B&H Academic, and Zondervan Academic. He is currently finishing work on a second edition of Torah Story.
Schnittjer offers a free subscription service of verses from the Hebrew Bible daily at HebrewDaybyDay.com for students and ministers of the word.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Institute for Biblical Research
- Society of Biblical Literature
- PastorWriter (with Chase Replogle) full interview
- Theology on the Go (with Jonathan Master and James Dolezal) part one and part two
- Bibleology preview and full interview
- Guilt Grace Gratitude preview and full interview
Note: Many free copies of Old Testament Use of Old Testament during several giveaways.
- Old Testament Use of Old Testament
- “Surprises of Old Testament Use of Old Testament: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5” (Credo Magazine blog)
- The Torah Story
- The Torah Story Video Lectures (available on Prime or DVD)
- “The Fall and Rise of Lady Zion” (Cateclesia Institute blog)
- “Kadesh Infidelity of Deuteronomy 1 and Its Synoptic Implications” (Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society)
- “Blessing of Judah as Generative Expectation” (Bibliotheca Sacra)
- “Individual versus Collective Retribution in the Chronicler’s Ideology of Exile” (Journal of Biblical and Theological Studies)
- “The Bad Ending of Ezra-Nehemiah” (Bibliotheca Sacra)
- “Idolatry in Isaiah” (Credo Magazine)
Teaching at Cairn since 1997