Director; Professor, Israel & Archaeology First Year Program
- PhD in Judaic Studies, Baltimore Hebrew Institute at Towson University
- MA, Baltimore Hebrew University
- ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary
- BS in Bible, Cairn University
Dr. Hardesty teaches on the Bible, Jewish studies, archaeology, and the geography of Israel. He regularly leads study tours and participates in archaeological digs in Israel. He also serves as the University liaison for the “Semester Abroad” program with Jerusalem University College.
Prior to teaching at Cairn, Hardesty served in the US Air Force in the Vietnam War and has spent roughly 40 years in ministry. He has also taught at Perry Hall Christian School (1981–82) and Baltimore School of the Bible (1982–1985).
In addition to serving at Cairn, Dr. Hardesty is a pastor/teacher at Redeemer’s Fellowship in Shrewsbury, PA.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Undergraduate Bible
- Jewish Studies
- Archaeology and Geography of the Land of Israel
- Gedalia and Chana Cohen Prize for General Excellence in Jewish Studies
- Joseph Heller Loveman Prize for Excellence in Research in Jewish History and Civilization
- Jerusalem University College, Board Member
Teaching at Cairn since 1991