The History program at Cairn University seeks to engage students in the breadth and depth of the past while assisting them in making biblical worldview connections to various disciplines such as literature, art, music, economics, social issues, etc. in order to construct a cohesive understanding of the past.
Why Study History?
A foundational understanding of history is essential to understanding and interacting with the present. A BA in History is preparation for a variety of careers, or post-graduate work in several areas. In seeking a history degree, students develop valuable skills in writing, researching, and speaking, as well as proficiency in analyzing information, asking important questions, and examining issues and events in a range of contexts. Students are encouraged to investigate the questions, navigate primary and secondary sources, and complete research to come to greater understandings of truth and relevance. Additionally, history majors often learn a foreign language, and have increased cultural knowledge that allows for important perspectives in their study.
Why Study History at Cairn?
- Earn a bachelor’s degree and an MS in Education in as few as five years, all while qualifying for undergraduate financial aid.
- Interdisciplinary approaches in each history course help students make connections in the past with other curriculum including but not limited to literature and poetry, the development of music, economic themes, artistic and architectural movements, popular culture, philosophy, and aspects of theological and church histories.
- Inquiry approaches in each history course provide a place for engaging students in the questions that history affords and provide a culture of investigation and a humble search for truth.
- Collaborative and conversational environments in and out of classes enhance student relationships with other students and their professors.
- Cairn University offers a variety of study abroad options through Best Semester, AMBEX in Germany, Jerusalem University College, and Rome with Purpose.
- Theological and biblical integration throughout the array of diverse course offerings.
- Graduate Studies
- Museum Curator