Director, Career Center; Adjunct Professor, School of Business
- MS in Organizational Leadership, Cairn University
- BA in Communications, Douglass College-Rutgers University
Teri Catanio teaches Critical Reading & Writing Skills, Fundamentals of Business Communication, Research Writing & Project Design, and Professional Field Integration.
With an extensive background in corporate communications, management, program design and development, and training, Teri is the founder and proprietor of a consulting business, Get It Write!, as well as a published author, career director, and adjunct faculty member at Cairn University.
Prior to teaching at Cairn, Teri worked as a consultant/contractor; lead technical writer; program manager; marketing specialist; and assistant editor.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
Business communications, Public speaking, Social media for business
Publications & Presentations
- “The Effects of Integrating On-Going Training for Technical Documentation Teams” Journal of Technical Writing & Communications, Vol. 40, Issue 1, 2010, p. 77-97.
- “Driving Factors Affecting Employee Training.” Academy of Business Disciplines National Conference, November 2010, Ft. Meyers, FL.
- “Training Documentation Teams: A Research Plan.” International Conference on Systems, Computing Sciences, and Software Engineering, 2007.
Awards & Honors
- Second Place Trophy, Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) 5K Run (Women’s division)
- Achievement Award, Society for Technical Communicators/Philadelphia Metro Chapter
- Reading English and American classic novels
- Hhealth and fitness (running, yoga, pilates)
- Learning about biblical geography and maps
Teaching at Cairn since 2010