Adjunct Professor, School of Music
- MMEd with distinction, Westminster Choir College of Rider University
- BMus, The University of Michigan
Suzanne Schmidt teaches Music Fundamentals, Music Theory I, and Music Theory II in the School of Music. She also teaches at the Cairn Community Arts Academy and serves in AP Music Theory leadership as the Assistant to the Chief Reader.
Mrs. Schmidt received her B.Mus. with a double major in performance and music education and a double minor in music history and music theory at The University of Michigan. Her MMEd, with distinction, was earned from Westminster Choir College of Rider University where she taught a music theory class in the Educational Opportunity Program and co-authored an online pre-college music theory course.
Suzanne has taught all levels of music in both public and private schools in several states, in addition to directing the choir and teaching theory at the Csehy Summer School of Music. She has also presented music theory and aural skills workshops at local, state, and national levels.
A faculty member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers, Teacher Division of the American College of Musicians, Suzanne Schmidt is a popular adjudicator for piano auditions in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Level II Permanent Certification; Music K-12
- Kodály Certification
- Orff Certification Courses Levels I & II
Awards & Honors:
- USA TODAY All-USA Teacher Team, 2002
- 2013-2014 Middle States Regional Recipient of the College Board Award for Excellence and Innovation in the Arts
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Education
- Who’s Who of American Women
Publications & Presentations:
- AP Annual Conference Presenter (2007, 2011)
- Pennsylvania Conference on Integrated and Experiential Learning Presenter (2004)
- PMEA District 11 Professional Staff Development Conference Presenter (2008, 2009, 2015)
- MMTA affiliate and independent music teacher associations Workshop Presenter (1995–Present)
- Contributing Teacher, MENC publication, Composing and Arranging: Standard 4 Benchmarks
- “Sight-Singing: Your ‘Key’ to Success in Melodic Dictation,” apcentral.collegeboard.com
Teaching at Cairn since 2014