Director; Assistant Professor, Outdoor Action First Year Program
- M.S. in Recreation & Leisure Studies, University of Tennessee
- B.S. in Industrial Technology Management, Berea College
Stephen Hauser in his role of Director of Outdoor Action FYP teaches courses in outdoor action, adventure, and leadership. He is also the advisor for the student outdoor organization Ascend.
Prior to working at Cairn, Stephen served as Adventure Trip Coordinator at Beaver Camp (Lowville, NY) and as Adaptive Challenge Course Leader & Adaptive Waterfront Staff at Camp Koinonia (Knoxville, TN). In addition, he served as a therapeutic recreation volunteer for adaptive scuba diving, adaptive skiing, and adaptive golf. He also has 8 years of experience in higher-education resident life.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Outdoor leadership
- Adventure education
- Leadership development
- Outdoor business administration and management
- Leave No Trace Master Educator
- Wilderness First Responder
- SCUBA Open Water
Teaching at Cairn since 2012