Professor; Dean, School of Social Work
- DSW, University of Pennsylvania
- MSW, University of Pennsylvania
- BSW, Cairn University
- BS in Bible, Cairn University
Dr. Lloyd Gestoso teaches social work.
Within the field of social work, Dr. Gestoso is an expert on faith-based social work practice, spiritual integration, and spiritual assessment. He also specializes in relationship dynamics, conflict resolution, diversity strategy, and international social work.
Dr. Gestoso has worked with community development and assessment, social entrepreneurship, social services counseling, and social welfare history. He also has a strong interest in holistic healthcare and HIV/AIDS.
Regarding theory in the social work field, Dr. Gestoso is particularly interested in integrated social work theory, trauma theory, Otto Rank psychology, and relational and existential social work.
- “Hospital-based Social Work HIV Case Management: Reducing Continuity of Care Barriers” with K. Coleman & L. Brown. Continuum: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Continuity of Care (1996).
- Board of Directors: SIM USA
- Chair, Board of Directors: Lakeside Educational Network
- Faculty Member of the Year, 2004
Teaching at Cairn since 1999