Assistant Professor, School of Business
- MS in Education (focus on adult literacy & communication), California State University
- BA in English, California State University
Professor Benchener teaches business communications, seeking to inspire students to achieve, especially in the area of communication as future workplace professionals. As a professor, she strives to encourage students to engage the world as Christians with a commitment to excellence and integrity. She is committed to affirming and mentoring students as they pursue academic excellence and develop competencies for their future careers.
In addition to teaching at Cairn, Mrs. Benchener is co-founder of Project Wee Care, a non-profit dedicated to educating and empowering school children to make a difference for the impoverished in their communities.
Prior to teaching at Cairn, Mrs. Benchener was an instructor at California State University and De Anza College (Cupertino, CA).
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Business communications
- Public speaking
- Social media for business
- Microspeedread (computer program and user’s manual)
- Various Apple computer educational programs
- Faculty of the Year, 2009 Cairn University
- Nominee, Jack Kahl Entrepreneurial Leadership Award for the Sam M. Walton Free Enterprise Fellows of the Year , 2008
- Honorary Service Award, California State PTSA, 2000
Teaching at Cairn since 2003