Associate Professor of History, Humanities, and Social Science, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- PhD World History, St. John’s University (Candidate)
- MEd in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Virginia
- BS in Education, BS in Bible, Cairn University
Mr. Chris Palladino serves as the Chair of the Department of History and teaches courses on history, geography, sociology, and education at Cairn.
Mr. Palladino also serves as the section chair on Teaching and Learning for the New York State Political Science Association and as an adjunct professor teaching the history of art for AMBEX (Regensburg, Germany). He regularly leads professional development workshops on interdisciplinary teaching and learning, conversation, curriculum development, and worldview integration to teachers in the Philadelphia and New York areas, as well as in Beijing, China, and Seoul, Korea.
Prior to teaching at Cairn, he taught high school social studies for 12 years in Lynchburg, VA, where he also coached soccer and cross country. He was named the Lynchburg City Teacher of the Year and a Bank of America Neighborhood Champion in 2005.
Mr. Palladino and his wife, Heather, have two children, a daughter and son.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
History, Sociocultural Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Curriculum & Instruction, Art & Architecture, Suburban Studies
- Section Chair of Teaching and Learning for “Class Politics: How to Effectively Teach Political Science to Life-Long Citizens”, 70th annual conference of the New York State Political Science Association, State University of New York, New Paltz, NY (Spring 2016)
- Keynote speaker at “CREATE: An Invitation to Explore the Arts and Creativity”, Harvey Cedars Bible Conference, Beach Haven, NJ (Spring 2016)
- Moderator and Discussant for Selma follow-up faculty panel discussion on civil rights and race relations, Cairn (Spring 2016)
- “Artistic Expressions: Romanticism to the Great War,” Greystone Academy, Newtown, PA (Spring 2016)
Awards and Recognition:
- Lynchburg City Teacher of the Year, 2005
- Bank of America Neighborhood Champion, 2005
- Ultra-endurance trail racing
- Hosting community book clubs
- Leading art museum trips and tours
Teaching at Cairn since 2006