Adjunct Faculty, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- MS in Counseling/Art Therapy, Holy Family University
- BFA in Illustration, Moore College of Art & Design
Ms. Cayla Belser teaches typography at the University. Throughout her career, Ms. Belser has worked in several fields ranging from a greeting card company, local animation studio, a variety of art education programs, as well as working in the mental health community. Her varied experiences in the art industry have given her a plethora of inspiration that she endeavors to apply to each project that she works on. In her freelance career, she has had the opportunity to work with many clients including Highlights for Children magazine; Values Magazine, Holy Family University; Bucks County Community College; and multiple children’s book authors.
Alongside her illustration and design career, she has recently added counseling and art therapy to her skill set. During her time at counseling site in northeast Philadelphia, Cayla pioneered group art therapy sessions for adolescents, focusing on building self-esteem and communication skills. In the future, she is interested in finding ways to incorporate art therapy into college settings as a form of creative expression as well as building self-awareness.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Children’s illustration/publishing
- Digital illustration
- Art Therapy, with a focus on adolescents and education
- E. James Young, ill. Cayla Belser, Archelogical Tresures, The Many Adventures of Loukas Von Vanderhill (2017)
- Mary Jane Martin, ill. Cayla Belser, God Speaks Softly (2015)
- Member, American Counseling Association (January 2018–Present).
Teaching at Cairn since 2019