Dean; Associate Professor School of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- PhD in English Literature, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- MLitt, Drew University
- CELTA (Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults), University of Cambridge, England
- BS in Bible, Cairn University
Dr. Brenda Mellon Ebersole is the dean of the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences. A graduate of Cairn University, Dr. Ebersole obtained her Master of Letters at Drew University. She returned to Cairn in 2005 to teach a variety of courses in the humanities. In 2014, she completed her PhD studies in English Literature at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
Dr. Ebersole serves on the Academic Leadership Team where she contributes to the continual development of the University’s programs with innovative vision and biblical wisdom.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- Literature (particularly fiction)
- Art history
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Ebersole, Brenda Mellon. “Unchanging Mission, Changing World.” Cairn: The Magazine of Cairn University, Winter/Spring issue, 2017. Print.
- Van Billiard, Jason. Mathematical Explorations for the Christian Thinker. Brenda Mellon Ebersole, Ed. CreateSpace Publishing, 2014. Print.
- Ebersole, Brenda Mellon and Christopher J. Palladino. “Student’s Life and Calling: Embarking on a Different Path.” PBU Today, Summer issue, 2010. Print.
- Mellon, Brenda. “Bringing Light to Nepal.” PBU Today, Summer issue, 2008. Print.
- “Living Intentionally: What is really important, and how do we live accordingly?” Cairn University, Dean’s Chapel, Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Chapel Series, September 2016
- “A Case Study in Biblical Integration: A Worldview Analysis of Narrative Form” Cairn University, University Faculty Meeting, April 2016
- “The Implications of Form in Barbara Kingsolver’s The Poisonwood Bible.” Black Forest Academy, Germany, March 2015
Teaching at Cairn since 2005