Coordinator of Counseling Services, Oasis Counseling Center; Instructor, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University (completion May 2022)
- MS in Counseling
- BS in Secondary Education, Cairn University
- BS in Biblical Studies, Cairn University
Ashlyn Jones began her journey at Cairn first as a student. She graduated in the Spring of 2011 with a BS dual-degree in Biblical Studies and Secondary Education Social Studies and Social Science (7-12). She spent a few years teaching in local public schools while pursuing her MS in Counseling at Cairn, which she received in May 2015.
It was after her MS degree completion that she began to be pursued by Counseling Department Chair, Dr. Jeff Black. He invited her to co-teach a counseling lab, and she continues to administer counseling labs to this day. Currently, Ms. Jones is the Coordinator of Oasis Counseling Center at Cairn in addition to her teaching undergrad psychology and counseling courses.
To further her professional work at Oasis, Ms. Jones is pursuing a PhD from Regent University in Counselor Education and Supervision. She has practiced as a Counselor since 2015 in Yardley, Pennsylvania.
- American Psychological Association Student Affiliation Membership 2014
- American Association of Christian Counselors Member (AACC) 2017
- American Counseling Association (ACA) 2017
- American College Counseling Association (ACCA) 2017
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) 2o17
- Become a licensed practitioner in a private practice that applies psychological science, the latest research, and evidence-supported treatments and interventions in clinical practice.
- Integrate background of education background by teaching on the graduate level.
- Consume and produce ethical research, as it pertains to her field of study.
Teaching at Cairn since 2015