Adjunct Professor, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- MSW, The University of Pennsylvania
- BSW, Cairn University
- BS in Bible, Cairn University
After graduating from the Social Work program at Cairn, Amy Kathryn completed her Masters in Social Work at The University of Pennsylvania in the Advanced Standing Program. She is clinically licensed in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Amy Kathryn worked in an inpatient psychiatric hospital setting for 10 years.
She has experience with those struggling with addiction, eating disorders, self-injury, broken relationships, and mental health issues. She has journeyed in the trenches with individuals, couples, families, and groups. Amy Kathryn values the space God designs to hear someone’s story and offer counsel; and embraces the dynamic reality of suffering and need to process through pain. Through integrating the role of faith into the therapeutic process, she desires to build on moments of connection; bringing hope to the hurting and healing to the broken.
Amy Kathryn was committed to youth group leadership for 10 years at Fellowship Community Church, developing meaningful relationships with high school girls that have remained ongoing. She appreciates opportunities to guest speak about eating disorders and share her testimony as a survivor. She works at a Christian Private Practice—The Center for Christian Counseling & Relationship Development, LLC. She is also a therapist at The Moorestown Community Counseling Center. She teaches General Psychology at Cairn, finding significant value in the integration of both clinical and academic work.
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- General Psychology
- Mental Health related to eating disorders, addiction, grief & loss, and marriage & family
- Christian Clinical Counseling
- The National Association of Social Workers [NASW], member
- Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work [PSCSW], member
- My Broken Palace, Counselor/Administration
Publications and Presentations:
- Illustration of Starvation: Eating Disorder Education and Personal Story
- My Broken Palace: Book of Hope (Excerpts)
Teaching at Cairn since 2016