Youth & Family Ministry
The Youth and Family Ministry program prepares students to lead a teen-focused ministry in church and para-church settings. Students interact with experienced Youth Ministry professionals, create relationships with dedicated faculty members, and develop an individual philosophy for serving youth in the church.
Why Study Youth & Family Ministry?
This program focuses on developing a strong biblical philosophy of ministry by understanding the needs, culture, and developmental issues of adolescents. Students in this program also learn to recruit and equip a team of volunteer leaders and build a family-based ministry that equips parents to disciple their teenagers.
Why Study Youth & Family Ministry at Cairn?
- Strong Bible/Theology Core
- Earn a bachelor’s degree and one of the following master’s degrees in as few as five years, all while qualifying for undergraduate financial aid:
- Masters in Counseling
- Masters in Organizational Leadership
- Masters of Arts (Religion)
- Practical, up to date strategies for building a strong Youth Ministry
- Each student receives “hands-on” training through ministry involvement and a ministry mentor
- A global perspective of Youth Ministry is present, as well as opportunities for students to learn through mission trip experiences
- A faculty that is committed to helping students develop strong character and competency for serving in today’s world
- Youth Pastor
- Youth Director
- Para-church ministry leader