Youth and Family Ministry
The Youth and Family Ministry program prepares students to lead a teen-focused ministry in church and para-church settings. Students interact with experienced Youth Ministry professionals, create relationships with dedicated faculty members, and develop an individual philosophy for serving youth in the church.
Why Study Youth and Family Ministry?
This program focuses on developing a strong biblical philosophy of ministry by understanding the needs, culture, and developmental issues of adolescents. Students in this program also learn to recruit and equip a team of volunteer leaders and build a family-based ministry that equips parents to disciple their teenagers.
Why Study Youth and Family Ministry at Cairn?
- Strong Bible/Theology Core
- Dual Level Options allow students to receive a bachelors and masters degree in just 5 years; 3 options include:
- Masters in Counseling
- Organizational Leadership
- Masters of Arts in Religion
- Practical, up to date strategies for building a strong Youth Ministry
- Each student receives “hands-on” training through ministry involvement and a ministry mentor
- A global perspective of Youth Ministry is present, as well as opportunities for students to learn through mission trip experiences
- A faculty that is committed to helping students develop strong character and competency for serving in today’s world
- Youth Pastor
- Youth Director
- Para-church ministry leader