Sports Management is a versatile degree that prepares students for work in both big sports organizations and small recreational businesses. Sports Management is a highly competitive field, and Cairn prepares its students to pursue their ideal careers. Unique to Cairn’s program, Anatomy and Kinesiology courses teach the capabilities and limitations of the human body.
Why Study Sports Management?
Sports Management is a broader program than many people assume. While the degree can be utilized to get into large organizations such as a professional sports team, it also serves a number of other purposes. While in the program, students study a diverse range of courses relating to talent representation, event planning & management, public relations, and anatomy. This program is geared towards students that are active and interested in sports and recreational activities. Whether you want to work in the MLB or own a rock-climbing gym, sports management provides insight into the business world behind sports and recreation.
Why Study Sports Management at Cairn?
- Earn a bachelor’s degree & MBA in as few as five years, all while qualifying for undergraduate financial aid.
- Participate in one or more of Cairn’s DIII athletic teams.
- Learn about talent representation, event planning & management, public relations and legal issues.
- Grow spiritually, academically, and professionally while you take both Bible and business courses side-by-side.
- Utilize Cairn’s business connections to enter world-class internships while you study.
- Be mentored by professors who have successful, global experience in business.
- Study coursework relevant to today’s workforce, including the legal and ethical issues of sports from a biblical worldview.
- Graduate from a program full of successful & driven alumni. 95% of our students are employed within three months of graduation.
- Receive a degree in Business Administration, not Sports Management. This expands your career options after graduation if you choose not to enter the world of sports.
- Business Operations of large sports corporations
- Athletics Director
- Own and operate a rock gym or fitness center
- Own and operate a sporting goods store
- Any other number of careers requiring a business degree