The PA Special Education Certification program equips Education major students with expert knowledge and best practices to significantly impact the lives of K-12 students who have special needs. This fully online, biblically integrated program maximizes a student’s capacity to engage these students in enriched and meaningful skill development and growth in all areas of life. Teachers with special education certification are in high demand as general educators or special educators in inclusive or more restrictive classrooms.
Why Study Special Education at Cairn?
• Eligibility for the PreK-8 or 7-12 PA Special Education Certification (per teaching certification grade band) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Special Education certificate.
• Up to 210 hours of integrated special education field experience and practicums prior to preservice teaching.
• Includes two Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) courses and the option to add 9 more credits of ABA courses. The ABA courses are verified to meet the coursework requirements of the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst credential.
• ABA is the most research-supported scientific treatment for autism and is highly effective for individuals with other disabilities as well.
• Dual-level degree program option to simultaneously earn an MS in Special Education in Instruction or MS in Special Education in ABA.
- General Education Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Autistic Classroom Teacher
- Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA)