Secondary Mathematics Education + MS in Education Dual-Level Program
This program will prepare students to be highly qualified teachers that use effective pedagogy to engage students in connecting literature, language, and writing to other subject areas, their own lives, and the world around them, ultimately allowing them to participate in society as clear communicators and critical thinkers.
Why You Should Consider This Program:
This program provides you the skills and credentials you need to become an effective and innovative Mathematics educator at the secondary level. By completing this program, you will be able to teach in both public and private schools, as this program prepares you to receive the Pennsylvania Instructional I Secondary Mathematics Education (7–12) certification and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Secondary Mathematics Education (7–12) certification.
How it Works:
This program condenses six years of study (four-year bachelor’s + two-year master’s) into just five years by starting master-level courses as early as your junior year. You can choose to earn a BS in Bible + MS in Education or a BS in Education + MS in Education.
You will also continue to receive your undergraduate scholarships and tuition aid for all five years of study, which will save you thousands of dollars.
- Study and practice effective methodologies and teaching practices in a variety of contexts.
- Receive an introduction to education theory and methods courses as early as freshman year
- Learn from professors with extensive backgrounds in classroom teaching and student teacher supervision
- Gain field experiences throughout the program to apply what you learn in the classroom
Apply to Cairn indicating your interest in the Secondary Mathematics Education major. Once you are accepted and on campus, you will have an academic advisor who will guide you through the steps of pursuing the dual-level program.
- High School English Teacher (Public, Christian, Other Private, International)
- Middle School English Teacher (Public, Christian, Other Private, International)
- Instructional Coach
- Curriculum Designer