Pre-Physical Therapy (BA)
Pre-professional programs prepare students to enter graduate school with confidence. Pre-physical therapy gives students a foundation in biology, allowing them to tackle graduate school prerequisites at the undergraduate level.
Why Study Pre-Physical Therapy (BA)?
This degree prepares students for careers in scientific research, entry level positions in science fields, and graduate school in the sciences. An in-depth study of this life science is an essential first step toward a variety of professional degrees dedicated to the study and application of biology. By observing the natural world through a rigorous curriculum, students will master the critical thinking and researching skills needed to navigate the world’s complexities. Students who wish to enter the physical therapy field should consider this program.
Why Study Pre-Physical Therapy (BA) at Cairn?
- Examine science through a meaningful biblically based education that integrates all disciplines.
- Gain hands-on experiences through extensive lab training.
- Develop the research skills needed to pursue graduate school.
- Explore the technical aspects of the field such as organic chemistry and statistics.
- Study the prerequisite courses needed to apply for the Biomedical Sciences (MS), or MS in Forensic Medicine programs at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (up to three Cairn students will be accepted in each program per year!)
- Physical Therapist
- Assistant Physical Therapist
- Athletic Trainer
You may also be interested in:
A Clear Path to Graduate School
The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine will accept up to three Cairn University students per year into its Biomedical Sciences (MS) and MS in Forensic Medicine programs. Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative and science cumulative GPA, take specific prerequisite courses, apply to their chosen graduate program, and have a successful interview with the PCOM admissions committee in order to be considered for admission.
Up to $4,000 may be awarded to qualifying, full-time students enrolled in a biology program. This scholarship is renewable annually. Contact your admissions counselor for more information, or learn more about this scholarship and other financial aid options here.