Cairn’s Politics program emphasizes a truly biblically integrated study of political science, theory, and practice, answering the clear need in today’s world for biblically minded men and women of character to serve in the arena of politics and government. Cairn’s program grounds the students’ critical thinking in an in-depth study of the nature of human beings, humankind’s place within God’s Creation, and the political history and theoretical framework for understanding the rule of law, limited government, and personal responsibility in human societies in the United States and around the world.
Why Study Politics?
A course of study in Politics prepares students for civic engagement at the local, state, and federal levels, or the military. Politics also provides an undergraduate education preparing students for graduate studies in related areas such as law, the social sciences, public policy, and foreign affairs. Through this program’s courses, mentoring, and internship opportunities, students develop wise statesmanship, personal and institutional integrity, historical and theoretical frameworks of understanding, and a deep commitment to public service.
Why Study Politics at Cairn?
- Study with professors who are politics experts, well connected to the professional political community in Philadelphia and Washington, DC.
- Learn to think biblically about the nature of humanity and its impact on the nature and function of politics.
- Meet and interact with United States political leaders and renowned guest lecturers, on and off campus.
- Study politics in the city of America’s founding and within two hours of Washington, DC.
- Take advantage of unique partnerships, such as with The John Jay Institute and its fellows.
- Study and interact with students from other disciplines with which politics intersects, such as business, criminal justice, social work, and education.
- Pair the Politics major with beneficial minors such as history, pre-law, business, social work, criminal justice, and Arabic language.
- Political Scientist
- Public Relations Specialist