Online Graduate Certificate in TESOL
Learn the methodology of teaching English. In this program, you will learn how to teach English through a study of linguistics, culture and community, grammar, and pronunciation.
Students who have or are pursuing Pennsylvania Instructional I certification may be eligible to receive an ESL Program Specialist (PK–12) certification with the completion of the coursework.
Fall 2021 graduate start date: August 30, 2021
Standard Completion Time
- Program can be started in any semester and completed in as few as a year and a half.
- 50% tuition discount for educators working in Christian schools.
- Field experience integrated into all courses.
- Students near campus can practice teaching English by volunteering at the University’s weekly Community English Language Program.
Typical Program Curriculum
|Semester||21 Required Credits|
|Spring or Summer||THE 601 or BIB 621
TSL 611 Foundations of Teaching English Learners
|Fall||TSL 641 Linguistics and Language Learning
TSL 642 English Grammar and Pronunciation
|Spring||TSL 643 Advanced ESL Methods and Assessment
TSL 644 Language, Culture, and Community
|Summer or Fall||TSL 692 ESL Practicum|
To enter the program, the candidate will:
- Apply and complete Cairn University’s Graduate Program enrollment process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (with a cumulative GPA of 3.0) from an accredited undergraduate institution and submit proof in the form of official transcripts
To complete the program, the candidate will:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Successfully complete all practicums and student teaching
For more information about the online Graduate Certificate in TESOL, email firstname.lastname@example.org.