Online Autism Spectrum Disorder Endorsement (ABA)
A toolbox of proven strategies for helping students with autism succeed. After completing four online graduate-level Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) courses from Cairn University, you will be able to apply for the Pennsylvania ASD endorsement. You will also have met the coursework requirements for the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) Exam fully and the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Exam partially. You can also easily combine these four courses with our online MS in Special Education, MSEd, or Graduate Certificate in ABA program.
- Program can be started in any semester and completed in as few as 3 semesters.
- 50% tuition discount for educators working in Christian schools.
- Integrated field experience component in some courses.
- Eligibility to meet coursework requirements of three credentials:
- The four courses fulfill all coursework requirements for BCaBA Exam eligibility. Students must submit an Application for Coursework Evaluation to the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) to verify eligibility.
- Other requirements must be met for BCaBA Exam eligibility
- Experience requirements—can be met through optional ABA Intensive Practicum courses
- Undergraduate degree
- Students holding a degree from another institution are responsible to verify if their degree and the institution meet BACB’s current standards. Visit this website for more information.
- Students are responsible to verify if this program meets the ABA licensing or certification requirements of the state and/or country where they intend to practice.
- Undergraduate students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 may apply for this program.
- The four courses are part of six courses approved by the BACB as meeting the coursework requirements for the BCBA Exam®. Students can complete the remaining two courses to fully meet all BCBA coursework requirements.
- For more information on obtaining the BCBA credential, see the Graduate Certificate in ABA and/or the MS in Special Education (ABA).
- Available for certified/licensed educators, school psychologists, principals, guidance counselors, speech and language clinicians, occupational and physical therapists, and home and school visitors.
- Eligibility limited to US citizens or individuals intending to become US citizens.
- Effective Fall 2018, the ASD endorsement will no longer be offered.
Optional Online Intensive Practicum Courses
The BACB has verified the following practicum courses toward the experience requirements for BCaBA Exam® and BCaBA Exam® eligibility. To apply for the BCaBA Exam®, applicants may meet experience requirements by completing either:
- 1000 hours of supervised independent fieldwork (preferred option)
- Or 500 hours of intensive practicum hours as follows:
- Enroll in two semesters of online ABA Intensive Practicum-Group courses (i.e., SPE 795 and SPE 796) to receive group supervision.
- Concurrently complete about 250 intensive practicum hours each semester at a University approved site.
- Concurrently receive individual supervision each semester by enrolling in SPE 798 or arranging for an onsite or independent BCBA supervisor approved by the University.
- In place of one or more of the optional intensive practicum courses, applicants can select to complete supervised independent fieldwork. Visit bacb.com for details.
To enter the program, the candidate must:
- Complete Cairn University’s graduate application process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (with a cumulative GPA of 3.0) from an accredited college, university, or seminary.
To complete the program, the candidate must:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
For more information about the online ASD Endorsement program, contact Luke Gibson, Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com.
SPE 681 Behavior Analysis and Autism Assessment
SPE 683 Behavioral and Instructional Models for Autism Intervention
SPE 684 Behavioral and Instructional Systems for Autism Support
Total credits: 12