Master of Social Work
Based on a foundational belief that each person is created in the image of God and motivated by a commitment to holistic human reconciliation, the Cairn MSW program prepares advanced level social workers for grace-driven, relationship-based practice with individuals and families.
Cairn University will apply for CSWE accreditation in 2020, which, upon success, will be retroactive to Fall 2020.
- Take courses 100% online in 7-week modules, allowing you to focus on one course at a time.
- Participate in a weekly practicum, and graduate with over 900 hours of master’s level field practicum experience
- Learn the best practices of social work from a biblical perspective
- Regularly interact with faculty through live web conferencing and online forums
- Prepare and be eligible for licensed social work and licensed clinical social work
- Study under those who are committed to your spiritual and professional development
*Beginning in Fall 2021, Advanced Standing will be available to students who graduated from CSWE-accredited BSW program in the last six years. Students with Advanced Standing will be able to complete the MSW in as little as 16 months, with 36 credit hours and 500 field practicum hours.
To enter the program, the candidate will:
- Apply and complete Cairn University’s Graduate Program enrollment process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 cumulative GPA from an accredited undergraduate institution and submit proof in the form of official transcripts
To complete the program, the candidate will:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (provisional status from 2.75 to 2.99)
- Successfully complete required practicum hours
For more information about applying to the Master of Social Work degree program, contact Gwen Dorsey, Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com.
To learn more about the MSW program, contact Dr. Lawrence Ressler, MSW Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.