Cairn’s Mathematics (BS) degree prepares students to enter graduate schools in mathematics and other scientific fields.
Why Study Mathematics (BS)?
The importance of mathematics as a course of study cannot be overestimated. Mathematics is a crucial part of the foundation of many fields in science and technology, as well as being an expanding and developing field on its own. In fact, a mathematician career is listed in the top 100 jobs in America, according to a U.S. News report. Mathematics can either be an end, with mathematicians being hired by a variety of companies and government organizations, or a beginning, a start into the wide and varied fields of science and technology. This program aims to give students a balanced background in the varied fields of mathematics. To accomplish this, the BS in Mathematics provides courses in Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Real Analysis. Upon completion, students will be equipped to enter graduate programs in mathematics or other scientific programs for research or application.
Why Study Mathematics (BS) at Cairn?
- This program provides a balanced background in mathematics, giving students a well-rounded understanding of all mathematics fields.
- Students have the opportunity to delve deeper into their chosen field of mathematics, giving them the flexibility to study what they are most interested in mastering.
- Cairn’s mathematics program is an undergraduate program that is structured to prepare students for graduate-level education.
- Learn mathematics in conjunction with bible/theology courses, preparing you to minister to those in STEM careers.
- Graduate studies in Mathematics and Statistics
- Graduate studies in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry
- Graduate studies in Engineering
- Actuary (with additional study for actuarial exams)