Master of Divinity (MDiv)
Cairn University is committed to preparing shepherds and teachers for the local church.
Prepare for pastoral leadership in local churches focused on the Word of God. Study the Bible cover-to-cover while developing a foundational understanding of Christian doctrine and applied theology, preparing to approach pastoral responsibilities ranging from counseling to financial management with a biblical perspective.
72 + language proficiency (24 credits)
Standard Completion Time
- Study in a multidenominational conservative evangelical setting, united around a shared statement of faith and enhanced by the richness of a diverse classroom representing over 40 denominations.
- Prepare to read the Bible in the original language through two years each of Greek and Hebrew.
- Earn a seminary degree while benefiting from robust university resources, including library access, student services, and campus events.
- Attend class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, accommodating flexible work schedules.
- Advanced standing of up to 24 credits may be granted for Bible/Theology credits earned at an accredited Bible college, Christian liberal arts college or university, or seminary. Credits will be granted on a course-by-course basis.
Typical Program Curriculum
|Fall #1||BIB 700 Canon and Context of the Bible
CHM 631 Pastoral Care and Leadership
HEB 631 Elementary Biblical Hebrew I
|Spring #1||BIB 711 Gospels and Acts
CHM 731 Issues in Christian Education
HEB 632 Elementary Biblical Hebrew II
|Summer #1||THE 601 Overview of Christian Theology
CHM 621 The Spiritual Life
|Fall #2||BIB 701 The Pentateuch
THE 712 History and Doctrine of Humanity, Sin, and Salvation
HEB 731 Exegesis of Hebrew Prose
|Spring #2||BIB 713 General Epistles and Revelation
PMN 721 Pastoral Counseling
HEB 732 Exegesis of Hebrew Poetry
|Summer #2||THE 701 Church History
BIB 702 Old Testament Narrative Literature
|Fall #3||BIB 712 Pauline Epistles
PMN 631 Homiletics
GRK 631 Elementary New Testament Greek I
|Spring #3||BIB 704 Psalms and Wisdom Literature
PMN 731 Advanced Homiletics
GRK 632 Elementary New Testament Greek II
|Summer #3||THE 711 History and Doctrine of the Triune God
BIB 703 Old Testament Prophets
|Fall #4||THE 745 Contemporary Theological Issue
CHM 791 Guided Field Experience
GRK 731 New Testament Greek Exegesis I
|Spring #4||THE 713 History and Doctrine of the Church and Last Things
BIB 745 Exegetical Book Study
GRK 732 New Testament Greek Exegesis II
To enter the program, the candidate will:
- Apply and complete Cairn University’s Graduate Program enrollment process
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 cumulative GPA from an accredited undergraduate institution and submit proof in the form of official transcripts.
To complete the program, the candidate will:
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Successfully complete the Capstone Project.
For more information about the Master of Divinity degree program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.