Our integrated approach to the sciences creates a true distinctive, central to what we do. We believe Scripture provides the framework for everything we teach, and consequently, a proper understanding of the created world can only occur within this integrated model.
Why Study Biology (BA)?
An in-depth study of this life science is an essential first step toward a variety of professional degrees dedicated to the study and application of biology. The BA degree best serves those who are looking to teach high school sciences. Graduates will need a MSEd in order to teach, and they can receive this at Cairn. By observing the natural world through a rigorous curriculum, students will master the critical thinking and researching skills needed to navigate the world’s complexities.
Why Study Biology (BA) at Cairn?
- Gain a more comprehensive view of the world through an integrated approach to the sciences.
- Earn an undergraduate degree in biology and a master’s degree in education at the same institution.
- Examine the world with a biblical foundation.
- Spend time in labs, gaining hands-on experiences.
- Develop the research skills needed to pursue graduate school.
- Study the prerequisite courses needed to apply for the Biomedical Sciences (MS), or MS in Forensic Medicine programs at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (up to three Cairn students will be accepted in each program per year!)
- Biology Teacher
- Science Writer
You may also be interested in:
A Clear Path to Graduate School
The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine will accept up to three Cairn University students per year into its Biomedical Sciences (MS) and MS in Forensic Medicine programs. Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative and science cumulative GPA, take specific prerequisite courses, apply to their chosen graduate program, and have a successful interview with the PCOM admissions committee in order to be considered for admission.
Up to $4,000 may be awarded to qualifying, full-time students enrolled in a biology program. This scholarship is renewable annually. Contact your admissions counselor for more information, or learn more about this scholarship and other financial aid options here.