Biblical Studies (BS in Bible)
The Biblical Studies program is ideal for students preparing for vocational ministry or graduate study. The program equips students with a firm knowledge of the Bible, adding nine biblical and theological courses beyond the general core Bible curriculum.
Why Study Biblical Studies (BS in Bible)?
Students in this program study Greek or Hebrew and delve deeply into the biblical text under the instruction of professors who have years of experience in and passion for ministry. The program requires the completion of a capstone thesis, measuring student achievement and assuring understanding of course material. Students gain resources and skills for use beyond Christian spheres and develop the confidence to stand on biblical knowledge in the midst of secular society.
Why Study Biblical Studies (BS in Bible) at Cairn?
- Taught by experts in the field who care deeply about students
- Outstanding preparation for seminary or graduate school, with a capstone thesis required
- Learn Greek or Hebrew
- Pastoral ministry
- Any graduate study in the humanities
- Christian Education
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Identify and intelligently discuss biblical and theological doctrines and application.
- Examine and appraise systematic and historical theology in its relationship to the church.
- Integrate biblical and theological truth.
- Understand the theological position of the University.
- Skillfully communicate truth.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of either biblical Greek or biblical Hebrew.
- Produce scholarly research in the field of Biblical Studies.