The Dual Enrollment program at Cairn University provides motivated, talented, and Christ-centered high school students with an early opportunity to take college-level courses at deeply discounted tuition rates and experience a biblical university environment while still enrolled in high school.
Why pursue dual enrollment?
- Prepare for college by taking core courses at a discounted tuition rate.
- Start college one step ahead – either by getting a head start on core courses at Cairn or transferring credits to another accredited university (Christian or secular).
- Get a taste of life and learning on a small biblical university campus, centered on Christ and His Word, where professors know your name and challenge you academically and spiritually.
- Stand out when applying to colleges. Dual Enrollment credit not only shows that you are a motivated student seeking a challenge, but also proves that you are ready to succeed at the college level.
Save on Tuition
Committed to making a biblical education accessible to students, Cairn University offers a reduced tuition rate for eligible high school students, so earning early college credits from a biblical worldview is as accessible as attending community college. Dual Enrollment students pay just $100 per credit for fall and spring courses — more than an 80% discount on the University’s standard tuition rate.*
*Textbooks not included. The tuition rate for accelerated summer courses is $175 per credit.
Stay at Cairn or Transfer Credits Elsewhere
Upon completion, students will have an official college transcript on file, which may be applied toward a degree at Cairn or transferred to another college or university. Cairn offers over 60 academic programs, including dual-level programs allowing students to earn both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in five years with undergraduate-level financial aid. You may also transfer your credits to another college or university, private or public.*
* Transferability of credits from one college/university to another depends on each school’s and program’s requirements.
Prepare for College
Lighten your load in future semesters by taking core courses now—in subjects like English composition, American history, and mathematics. Course credit counts toward both high school graduation and your college transcript.
In addition, enrich your college academic skills through access to University support services, ranging from the Academic Resource Center to the Masland Library’s extensive electronic resource collection. Think through your next steps (like setting goals and choosing a major) with the help of Cairn’s Career Center.
During fall & spring semesters, dual-enrollment students take college courses alongside traditional undergraduate students. Experience what it’s like to be a biblical university student on our beautiful suburban campus.
Cost: $100 per credit
Application deadline: Rolling Admission
*Not all courses are available every semester. Please contact the Office of Admissions for a detailed course roster for the semester of which you plan to enroll.
- ART 101 – Drawing I (additional $35 course fee)
- ART 111 – Painting I (additional $40 course fee)
- ART 131 – Foundations of Ceramics (additional $80 course fee)
- ART 141 – Relief Printmaking I (additional $80 course fee)
- BIB 100 – Introduction to the Bible
- COM 101 – Speech
- ENG 101 – English Composition (requires SAT Evidence-Based Reading/Writing score of 480+)
- HIS 211 – The World Before 1500
- HIS 212 – Western Civilization Since the Renaissance
- LIT 221 – Studies in Poetry
- LIT 231 – American Literature I
- LIT 232 – American Literature II
- MAT 101 – Introduction to Mathematical Thinking
- MAT 121 – Mathematical Concepts
- MAT 122 – College Algebra
- MAT 123 – Conceptual Development in Mathematical Disciplines
- MAT 151 – Consumer Mathematics
- POL 121 – US Government
- PSY 101 – General Psychology
- SCI 331 – Physical Science
- SCI 335 – Environmental Science
- SCI 336 – Earth Science
- SCI 338 – Marine Science
- SOC 202 – Sociocultural Studies
- THE 100 – Introduction to Christian Theology
Is Dual Enrollment at Cairn for Me?
High school students must demonstrate the academic ability, motivation, and maturity necessary to succeed in a college-level course. In addition, students must testify that they have trusted Christ as their Savior and share how that has impacted their lives.
Are you a Christian school administrator interested in becoming a dual enrollment partner? Learn more here.